Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again...

Scene
A brief trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some hair product.
There are roughly five Girl Scouts in full Girl Scout garb strategically placed at both entrances, peddling their wares with a sing-songy sales pitch. There is no avoiding them.
Two minutes after Scott drops Renee off at the door, Renee returns to the vehicle.

Scott: How many boxes did you get? (pause) Nine boxes?!?!?! I figured you'd walk out with about four but nine? Is that all you went in there for?

Renee: They didn't have my hair stuff...I guess I didn't count, I didn't realize I got nine...to be fair a few of those are yours...

Scott: I requested one box of lemon cremes! What is that, like $40 worth of Girl Scout cookies?!?

Renee: No, it was $28......and it's going to a good cause.....you know.....youth.....

Scott: I think you have a problem.

Scene

5 comments:

Kate said...

Bravo! Well played! I'm thinking this may have been based in reality! :)

Anonymous said...

That's my sister for ya! :)

Wendy said...

I LOVE this post! This could have been me...only all 9 boxes would have been thin-mints. :-) And, I would have had to have picked up a box of vanilla ice cream to make shakes with them at home. It's fun staying 'in touch' with you via your blog, Renee. Ours is www.sheffieldthisandthat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi from the Northwest. Just found out about your blog recently and wanted to say hi. You will have a hard time catching up with my record for purchasing thin mints. Usually I bought 2 cases or 24 boxes to help the cause and froze them to be eaten frozen which is the optimum method. I also ate a complete package at each sitting or 1/2 of the box. Needless to say I have curtailed such bad habits and Jerry makes a small purchase from neighbors for his habit. Enjoy every bite and we'll touch base again. Love, Aunt Judi

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Thursday and they're all gone. How embarrassing!