Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alligator!!

Tonight I was walking Bridget and I happened to spot an alligator! In the wild! Apparently since they opened the spillway a few weeks ago a few have turned up where they aren't supposed to. The Preservation Department or something like that is supposed to remove them, they removed the other two that were here a couple weeks ago but I don't know if anybody has called about this little guy yet. He's hard to see, you might have to make the pictures bigger.
This is just an establishing shot, looking north to the corner where people fish.
He's right off the very tip of the grass in the middle.
Bridget update: She seems okay, but she kind of quit eating. She hasn't eaten much of anything in 48 hours except a couple handfuls of dog food she ate out of my hand last night. Other than that, she just gets the turkey I wrap around her pills. I called the vet and he said to boil chicken and rice and give it to her, but I really feel the issue is not that her stomach hurts or anything, but rather that she's just being picky and refusing to eat out of her bowl for some reason, and I'm not catering to that behavior. She still hangs around when I make my lunch waiting for something to fall and still eats dead roadkill off the ground if she gets half a chance so I think she's probably fine. Her two-day-old food will still be there when she gets hungry enough. Scott is taking her in to the vet next week for her vaccinations so if things don't improve by then, we'll address it. But really I think maybe she's getting full on turkey and just isn't hungry.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I knew it wouldn't be long until an alligator was spotted!