Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lincoln, NE in a Parallel Universe

For the past week, while Scott was still in Dallas, Renee was in Lubbock, TX, which is in the northwest part of the state getting up towards the panhandle. Unfortuneately I forgot my camera, but I saw some really cool things while I was there, including: a huge tumbleweed I had to avoid with my car, a junkyard full of only 1940s and 1950s vintage vehicles, the Texas Tech stadium (home of the Red Raiders, whom Nebraska played this year), oil derricks, and cotton fields with cotton baled like hay. Mostly what struck me about Lubbock was how it looked exactly like Lincoln. It is the exact same size, very flat, surrounded by fields, and even has the same style houses. I felt like I was home! It is also the birthplace of Buddy Holly and there is a statue of him somewhere, but I never saw it.

Bridget remained at Camp Bow Wow all week, and when Scott picked her up last night they said they never saw her sleep. She was always going full speed ahead playing with the other dogs and wouldn't sit still long enough to rest or fall asleep. Although once she got home last night she crashed and the evening was punctuated with her little beagle snores, but she seems like she definitely had a good time.

We're all back home safe now, and Scott found out his check ride is rescheduled for February. So it's back to the old grind of studying and flying. We'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's when Devin will be doing his checkride for his instruments too! Weird! Good luck Scott! :)
Love yas, Karla